CSE Talks: Blockchain in the Capital Markets
Blockchain is being heralded as the next great technological revolution. The recent frenzy associated with Bitcoin, Ethereum as well as other digital currencies and tokens, has contributed to widespread excitement around the potential for this powerful technology and its underlying applications. The advent of blockchain has created enormous opportunities, and with it, vast amounts of hype and misinformation.
The Canadian Securities Exchange, along with event partners MNP LLP, Gowling WLG, Stockhouse, Cambridge House International, BCIC, Accelerate Okanagan, BlockTech Ventures, and Blockchain Intelligence Group have come together to present a session to help everyone better understand the fundamentals of blockchain while welcoming an intelligent and informative discussion on how the capital markets will benefit, and be impacted, by this technology.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Blockchain - a quick refresher on the technology
- ICOs, tokens, and coins - what are the differences and what are the challenges surrounding ICOs in Canada?
- Accounting and legal ramifications of working with blockchain
- What businesses and business models will be impacted by blockchain
- What is the market for funding blockchain companies - specifically in the public markets?
In addition to the above topics, there will also be fireside chats featuring entrepreneurs from publicly listed, and private blockchain companies who will share their perspectives, insights and hands-on experiences.
Register now by clicking the button below. For questions about this event, contact James Black, VP of Listings Development, at 778-383-7694 or by email at: email@example.com.
Google CalendariCal Export