The CSE is the Exchange for Entrepreneurs. Since 2004, we’ve welcomed innovators to the Canadian public capital markets, providing exceptional service and a modern alternative for businesses looking to grow.
We’re proud to partner with entrepreneurs across a variety of industries, providing opportunities to connect with investors, and ultimately helping to build a stronger economic future.
We’re looking for driven and motivated individuals to join us in this mission. Browse our current opportunities below to learn more:
Listing Analyst/Manager - Canadian Securities Exchange (posted April 11, 2019)
In 2018, the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) reported record levels for trading volume, trading value, number of listings and capital raised by CSE issuers. The CSE added 123 new issuers during the year, more than twice the 56 issuers that joined the market in 2017. A total of 28 issuers came to market through initial public offerings, also a new record for the exchange.
- Trading volume in CSE listed securities was 28.6 billion shares, an increase of 64% compared to 2017;
- The value of shares traded in CSE listed securities totaled $20.3 billion, rising 160% on the year;
- Financings completed by CSE issuers climbed 276% to $5.22 billion;
- The CSE finished 2018 with 462 listed securities, up 34%.
The CSE is looking for a Listings Analyst/Manager to join the team in Toronto. Experience with issuer regulation is preferred.
Reporting to the Director, Listings & Regulation in Toronto, the Analyst is responsible for the independent review and analysis of listing applications and certain listed company transactions.
- Review listing applications and/or proposed transactions by listed companies, approve or communicate recommendations internally and externally, to listed companies and/or their advisors.
- Prepare written recommendation with a summary of the listing application, including analysis and recommendation.
- Consider issues and waiver requests provide analysis and recommendation (when a policy waiver or discretion is required).
- Review initial listings and listed company transactions for compliance with the CSE’s initial and continued listing requirements.
- Communicate with and assist compliance staff on relevant issues.
- Provide guidance to the public, listed companies and their advisors.
- Participate in policy & procedure development, educational seminars/presentations for issuers and market participants.
Must Have Skills:
- A business degree or Business Diploma with a major in Finance or Accounting or relevant experience with issuer regulation in the securities industry.
- 1 to 2 years of related business experience (securities industry is preferred).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently within time constraints is essential.
- A post graduate degree or professional designation.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and other industry related courses.
- Understanding of the public venture capital market and reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with CSE listing policies.
- Familiarity with trading rules, including clearing and settlement procedures.
- Bilingual skills in English and French (written and spoken).
Please submit your application to Careers@thecse.com.
The CSE thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.